Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Girl Time

Today we went shopping. She carried her purse, slung over her shoulder. She smiled as we got out of the car, telling me, as she always does, that she liked being with me. We looked at accessories and she pointed out the pretty necklaces. We looked at clothes and she held up blouses and skirts. She spotted a life size picture of a model (dressed like a college girl might, these days) and said that I should wear that, that I should look like that. I felt young. She sat in the fitting room, giving her opinions on the outfits I tried on. "That looks cute Mama!" We made the obligatory stop at Starbucks and held hands all the way back to the car. Time with my girl. God willing there will be many more shopping dates....and other sorts of dates as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment