Thursday, October 21, 2010

Holy Jeans, Batman!

What would you do?

I am a failure at patching jeans. Sitting on my laundry room counter are no less than 9 pairs of jeans that have holes big enough that I can't stand letting my kids wear them in public...not to mention the one pair that is mine!! Every patching attempt broke through within two weeks. I thought I might just give them away, but most charities ask for clothes WITHOUT holes. I have no sewing machine, and even if I did I am not sure I would know how to sew them up....wouldn't it just get all puckered? Sewing a patch on by hand seems....well....just too hard! 

What would you do? Make a quilt out of the material? Turn them into clever, crafty...ummm...pot holders? Purses?

I hate to just trash them!

And while I am whining, what happened to Toughskin Jeans---maybe Sears still sells them, I haven't looked, but thats beside the point!!
What happened to jeans that cowboys wear to protect them against brambles, thorns, cows horns, etc? These couldn't even stand up to a little carpet burn!!

Note to reader: Yes, I realize that I am using waayyyy too many exclamation points. My high school English teacher----Mr Korte----would have marked up this blog post with red ink, I am afraid. But I needed those little dashes and dots to help you see my desperate situation. 
Batman! Where are you???

3 comments:

  1. If you buy your jeans from Sears (any brand) and tell them you want to be a part of the KidVantage program, you can take the holey jeans back for new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    Thanks for the tip! Wish I had done that before....from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm no seamstress. I'll keep watching your comments to see if anyone comes up with a good answer. I suffer from the same dilema!

    ReplyDelete