Saturday, November 13, 2010

I can't NOT talk about it....

Okay, so I know the picture in the previous post is supposed to be without words...but I have to tell you about that place! It was a little monastery tucked among the hills in the-middle-of-no-where Scotland. 


Well....I guess it wasn't "no-where", it was somewhere between Inverness (home of Loch Ness) 



and Aberdeen. We got lost multiple times getting there. The country roads were obviously for the local folk as they had NO SIGNS!! Fortunately the scenery was gorgeous. 


When we finally arrived, Mass had just ended and church was quiet. Some of the monks were in adoration...we could see them through a little window. 



The grounds were beautiful and un-manicured. There was a an old cemetery (which is where the {this moment} picture was taken),

an occasional old wooden bench, and farmland around the edges. 




When I look back on the pictures of our adventure in Great Britain it seems like ages ago....world's ago! When it was time to go home we were soooo ready! We wanted all the comforts of home, the "luxuries" and conveniences of American life. And we have really appreciated those comforts and luxuries. 
But....I miss it. The adventure. The feeling of being on vacation....for four years! 



God is good! He has blessed us so abundantly...really, I am embarrassed by His blessings. 
We know we don't deserve His blessings, though. 
So---
All Glory To God!
All Honor is His!



1 comment:

  1. My goodness! What a beautiful place. One way you can continue to show God your gratitude is to share your blessings with others. And that, my friend, you did! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete