Sunday, January 9, 2011

Final Dalmation

A. in tears because someone dared to give her something that WASN'T a horse. You can see my hand ready to drag her to the privacy of a back bedroom to, ahem....get herself together. 
4yo at Mass this morning...almost whispering...from the front row...just before the Consecration: Why did the priest say "Dalmatian"?


In my head: Huh?...pause...OH!!!


Me: No, he said "final damnation". (desperately hoping that this would be a satisfactory answer)


4yo: What is "final damnation"? 


Me...pulling out my handy dandy theology degree...then slipping it back in my pocket: Ummm, it means that if someone doesn't love God...umm... at the end of their life...ummm... they don't go to heaven. 


4yo: (long pause)


In my head: Please God, let her be quiet for the rest of the Eucharistic prayer!


4yo...in sad voice: I want you to change your mind. 


In my head: Oh no!! I have upset her. She's afraid of "final damnation". Drat! Now what do I do!


Me...casually: Change my mind about what? 


4yo: About presents! (now in full whining mode) I want more presents!!


The end of Christmas can be hard to stomach when you are four!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is THE funniest thing I've heard in a very long time!

    ReplyDelete