Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WWJE--What Would Jesus Eat?


We had just come down to the family room from the bedtime festivities, and I hear the familiar cry from upstairs. Four year old A. is upset.

Me: What's up Sweet-Pea?

A: (in a very sad, crying voice) I forgot to brush my teeth and I have to go potty!

Me: Oh, well lets take care of that.

In my head: This should be easy enough.

A: (back in bed) Why don't you read me two stories?

Me: Ummm...what do you mean? Are you talking about the Winnie the Pooh story on the ipod?

A: Yes, why isn't Tigger in the story?

Me: Ummm...I don't know. Maybe Tigger wasn't....

A: (apparently no longer worried about me reading to her OR Tigger) Why doesn't Jesus eat spaghetti?

Me: Well, maybe He does. How do you know He doesn't?

A: He doesn't! I know. I've watched it all. And He doesn't eat sandwiches either! Why doesn't Jesus eat spaghetti OR sandwiches.

Me: (wondering what sort of visions she is having) You watched it all?

A: Yes, I saw all the Stories of the Bible and He didn't eat ANY spaghetti or sandwiches!!

How do you answer that??

Only a change of subject would satisfy that question.

1 comment:

  1. LOL I love these types of conversations with our kiddos.

    ReplyDelete