Friday, January 6, 2012

An Anniversary


It has been two years now, and it is hard to believe Dad has been gone that long. We celebrated our second Christmas without him, and his presence was greatly missed. I haven't blogged much this year about Dad, but he has been daily in my mind. Over the past few weeks I have come across some pictures and videos that have just touched my heart. I wanted to share them with everyone. 

The first is a video we made for Dad's birthday in 2009. It is a little long, but very cute. Though I didn't get to see my father watch the video, I can easily imagine the look on his face, a big smile. Being Italian, and therefore an easily emotional man, there would have been a tear in his eye as well.


This picture puts a tear in my eye. It was one of our last outings with Dad. D adored his grandpa and would often be seen donning a baseball cap and walking with his hands in his pockets just like Dad. This picture just captured those moments so well.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Carol. That picture...gorgeous. beautiful. perfect. I will offer up my rosary for you and your family today. These anniversaries never get easy. One just tends to deal with them the best you can...and each one can be different depending on what is happening in ones life at that moment. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete