Sunday, July 28, 2013

Just An Hour


Yesterday, we spent a blessed hour listening to my former professor, Dr. Scott Hahn, while he explored the Scriptures to understand what Jesus meant by "the hour".
My hour has not yet come...
The hour is coming...
The hour has come...


Really, it is so much more than that. 
This talk lasts only an hour and I think it makes a perfect occupation for this day of rest...
at least your body can be at rest while you listen. 

Having been a student of Dr. Hahn, I know the impact of one of his talks. 
It can be overwhelming. 
In fact, when I was in his class I always felt something like this:


But, what I learned to do is sit back and listen (I stopped taking notes in his class early on) and just absorb. 
I will never be able to "get" all he says, but I still get so much each time I listen. 

The talk above is not one I had heard before, though there are elements that I have heard. 
I will likely listen to it again, though. 
Maybe today. 
I hope you enjoy it.

Blessed Sunday to you. 



1 comment:

  1. That picture! Perfect! That's exactly how I felt after reading only 3/4 of one of his many books.

    ReplyDelete