Thursday, February 27, 2014

Shopping With The Boy

Just under the wire...it is 8pm here and I am determined to get a blog post in today!

He is proud of his Lincoln Logs creations. 

I spent the day shopping with this boy. What a delight! He is my get-things-done partner. We had to run all over town doing last minute errands before Girl Birthday Weekend begins. A's birthday is tomorrow and M's is Saturday. 

Our errand running routine is to bring a lunch (though I forgot mine) and head out the door as soon as the sitter arrives for the girls. He made himself a peanut butter sandwich "with everything on it"---by that he means strawberry jam, honey and marmalade. Some of that ended up on his pants and seatbelt. We usually listen to an audio book—today it was Seabiscuit by Ralph Moody, narrated by Jim Weiss (I recommend it). 

When we are not listening to the story he is talking. He has a lot to say, lots of ideas of how to make his sister’s birthdays special. Lots of interesting soccer tidbits (his latest love). He likes to hear stories from my childhood. I wish I could remember more of them. 

After we got home, he came up and gave me a cute, little boy, side hug and said he had a really nice time with me today. 

I am the luckiest Mama in the whole world! Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment