Thursday, January 7, 2016

{pfhr} Catching Up With Christmas Edition



 On one hand it seems like it was just yesterday. On the other hand.....well you know. For my {p,h,f,r} post today, here are some pictures from Christmas Eve in no particular order since I am not up for the frustration of loading them into my blog one at a time, or for moving them about the post. 

{pretty}

A hawk came to hang by the pool that day. He waltzed up and down one side, ever watchful, then he flew low to the other side. He looked like he was going to do another fly over, but he was scared away.


{happy}

Christmas Eve gifts...new warm pajamas for everyone. Too bad it was too warm to wear them!

Bikes for Christmas!! I remember my own "bike Christmas"...a purple, one-speed bike with flowered banana seat and tassels on the very high handle bars. Incidentally, one of my favorites Christmas moments as a parent is this last moment Christmas Eve in front of the tree with the gifts all around, and all the little Baby Jesus statues in place.
Silent night, holy night.


{real}

And I bravely include a picture of myself. We are decorating the "upstairs tree".  We do all Christmas decorating on Christmas Eve, though the trees themselves have been up (with lights) since the first Sunday of Advent.


{pretty}

One of the last things to do before bed is move the Holy Family statue (which has been wandering around our backyard all Advent) to the "stable" under the trees.


{happy}

M. on her cool new bike with a big basket in the back. Now, if we only lived close to a grocery store I could send her for last minute stuff.


{funny}

A. thinks she is going to climb the tree. Silly girl!

{pretty}

This picture goes up above the one with the kids placing the Holy Family in the "stable". You can't see them but they are moving it into place.


{happy}

Happiness is our Advent reading tradition...the Jotham's Journey series with our Cradle to the Cross Wreath.


{pretty}
The same picture as above without the flash. You can see our Fontanini nativity scene in the background. 

{funny, real, happy and pretty}
They love to hold the Baby Jesus statue, but it isn't really a good thing if they fight over it right?
Good thing they don't have to fight over the Real Jesus!!

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful and warm. I love to see your traditions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I wish my pictures could turn out as beautiful as yours!

      Delete
  2. I really like the picture with your three kids holding the Christmas lights. Sounds like a happy time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Chere Mama! Love the title of your blog, by the way. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh! I love these pictures and the descriptions. They make me feel as though I'm really there. I suppose it is because I have been once before :) Gosh! The kids are growing so quickly, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been too long! I still think we need to try for the get together with you, me and Mary in 2016!

      Delete
  4. I got a bike for this Christmas, too! What a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete