Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Have you seen these?

We bought these cool post-it notes while in the UK. They didn't get much use for almost a year. 

Now, suddenly, we are using them daily for handwriting practice. All three of the kids are in different stages of handwriting development, but they can all write all letters with some accuracy and they all need practice. So we practice together and they have enjoyed our short sessions with the big chalk board from Handwriting Without Tears. We choose a word for the day and I write it on the board, reviewing how to make each letter. Then they copy it, slowly and carefully, and we post it on the wall immediately. 
They have enjoyed our growing gallery of words. 
They haven't complained about handwriting practice.
And some days this is all we do in the way of formal handwriting. 
BUT....I will soon run out of my post-it notes,
and now I can't find them ANY WHERE on the internet. 

So, I am looking for help from my handful of faithful readers. Has anyone see these notes? The ones I have are the Post-It brand, but I don't care really what brand I get. I just want kid-lined sticky notes. 
Anyone? Anyone?.....Bueller?

4 comments:

  1. Found them! They are called "Super Sticky Word Strips". They look very cool. I wonder if they would help with spelling at my house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT'S IT!!!!! Thank you so much Cynthia! I really did search a lot this afternoon....I guess I just didn't get the right word combo!

    Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find them online at Teacher's Tools. We have a few stores around the DFW area and I've seen them there. Not sure if they are sticky or not, but it is worth a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Patty, I will check it out. We have a teacher supply store nearby that I love....which is why I am trying to avoid going there, if you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete