- We let total strangers walk through our house multiple times. (no we are not crazy or unusually social…our house is on the market in the hopes of selling it and moving closer to Jim’s work)
- We read aloud as a family…a lot!
- We dipped our toes in the Liturgy of the Hours, using online resources
- We sailed in Newport Harbor with Captain Uncle M. (March trip to So. Cal)
- We met the newest nephew/cousin, W. (March trip to So. Cal)
- We played in the waves of Manhattan and Redondo Beaches in March—at least the kids did (March trip to So. Cal)
- We spent a warm day hanging out with Grandma at a swanky outdoor mall near the famous Farmer’s Market in Los Angeles. (March trip to So. Cal)
- We spent lots of great time at Grandma’s house, including visits from Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. (March trip to So. Cal)
- Carol and Annabelle had a chance to visit with a relative from Switzerland whose one day at Uncle L. and Aunt D.'s happened to be the day we arrived in California! (March trip to So. Cal)
- We swam laps and kept track of how many
- We watched hours and hours of Premier League Soccer
- We walked the golf course at night
- We studied the Theory of Constraints
- We studied Economics at Hillsdale College (via Youtube)
- We became virtual parishioners at our Lady of Good Counsel in Michigan and fans of Father Riccardo
- We discovered an Anglican-Use Catholic Parish nearby and started enjoying their liturgy
- M. had a Jane Austen themed 13th birthday.
- A. had a Swallows And Amazon’s themed 9th birthday
- D. had a Geography/Maps themed 11th birthday
- Carol had a Starbucks themed ## Birthday
- Jim had a birthday
- We enjoyed two…count em TWO!… visits from Carol’s God-daughter, our niece/cousin M.!
- We visited the No.Cal. contingent of Carol's family (November trip to No.Cal)
- The kids helped Uncle R. play his electric guitar (November trip to No.Cal)
- The kids panned for gold in Coloma (November trip to No.Cal)
- We did a drive-by of our old house in CA. (November trip to No.Cal)
- We re-visited the spot where we got engaged -see picture (November trip to No.Cal)
- We visited with an old friend, Father Cavalli, who was the priest that concelebrated our wedding and baptized all of our kids. (November trip to No.Cal) (see update below)
- We walked along Fisherman’s Wharf, saw the sea-lions, bought a Sourdough baguette and ate it while we walked to Ghirardelli square where we tasted the chocolate. (November trip to No.Cal)
- We wandered all around Union Square looking for the place we “always” go to lunch, the place that we went to multiple times with Grandma and Grandpa…but it was gone. (November trip to No.Cal)
- We entered the world of orthodontics when M. got braces
- We began a weekly Bible study using the Sunday readings...just us and the kids
- We began listening to lots of Scottish and Irish folk music
Friday, January 1, 2016
2015 was the year...
Finally, this year, as in years past, we have missed all of our friends and family that are so far away. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
The Kennedy Family
Jim, Carol, M., D., and A.(updated to add our meeting with Father Cavalli, which was omitted from the original post. Also to add that he passed away on February 5, 2016. We had a feeling it was our final goodbye when we saw him in November, 2015)