Thursday, April 8, 2010

Practice your "Yes"

Sometimes when our kids are being especially defiant.....ummm.....challenging...we have them practice their "yes". They repeat "Yes, Mama" or "Yes, Papa" five times in a row in a nice voice. Usually by the end they are more compliant, especially if my face shows increasing happiness with each "Yes, Mama".

It occurred to me today that I need to do this. That my prayer, rather than rattling on about my worries, fears, concerns, or hurts, needs to be a repeated "Yes, Jesus".....just for practice. It is my chance to remind myself that His Will is my goal, that He has my best interest in mind, and that whatever cross He allows (no matter how much I fear it), He will be there to help me carry it.

"Yes, Jesus. Yes, Jesus. Yes, Jesus. Yes, Jesus. Yes, Jesus." I can feel His smile.

2 comments:

  1. I like it! Great start on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! You are my first follower....wish I had a prize for you. :)

    ReplyDelete