Monday, October 4, 2010

One of those parenting gems....

I love when I find a quote or saying or quick concept that sticks in my head and helps motivate me in my parenting journey. I found one today.

Leila over at Like Mother Like Daughter has this to say:

I have noticed that parents think they can put off demanding things of their child until some undetermined time when that child is "more reasonable." But in fact, your child will be reasonable later on if you quietly present him with opportunities -- in the area of food, dress, sleep, and behavior -- now in which to obey and meet your standards.


Blunt. Brilliant. True. 

1 comment:

  1. Here! Here! Many parents do not realize that making a child industrious (not child labor), is a virtuous thing. Contributing, sharing in the work, is part of being a family.

    ReplyDelete