Friday, July 26, 2013

7 Quick Takes: The Desperate for Something to Blog About Edition


When I asked 7yo A what I should blog about, she said I should blog about "the most beautiful doll in the world", which she recently discovered at the bottom of a pile of other (more expensive) dolls and doll paraphernalia in the window seat of her room. 
She has been gushing over this doll for a whole day now. I think she is going through a "girly-girl" stage of some sort--her stuffed animals have been having romances and weddings and children all week. 

Speaking of A, I found this list of quotes from her in my drafts email folder:

May 3, 2012 
" I am going to make a paper earthquake to destroy my sins. And then get monsters to attack them"

March 17 2013 "Saying sorry is like leaves blowing in the wind" as a reason for not saying sorry.

April 12, 2013 "Do bullets kind of look like cigarettes?" (this was followed by shocked looks of wonder from her parents---what has she been watching on TV???)

April 12 2013 
Me: "Stand quietly, like you are ready for your First Holy Communion"
Her: "Yes, but did you know that a giraffe can clean his nose with his tongue?"

April 2013
"If aliens were real what would their bandages be made out of?"

Life with A is always interesting. 



When it comes to eating healthy, I follow the 80/20 rule. For instance, this week I have had a donut, a pastry from Starbucks (okay, maybe two), multiple servings of ice cream, multiple cups of homemade chicken broth, daily tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar, daily cups of Potato Peeling Broth, fresh ginger, several salads and some other regular food.
The problem is, I am not always sure if the HEALTHY is the 80 part, or the 20 part. 


Oh no, I am only on #3!! This blogging everyday is hard. I am not sure I have that many things to say!

This is almost an entirely A post today...but I had to talk about A's pet. Yesterday, she found a little snail on a log, named it Mushroom and made a little plate with grass and stuff. Then she checked him at least every 10 minutes until we left the house. Well, when we got home, he was gone and she was devastated. She looked for him all afternoon.

Just now, she was telling our pest control guy to "watch out for a little black snail with a little scratch on his shell, which he got before I caught him cause I didn't hurt him, and don't let him die, okay?"

Luckily, he is an easy going guy, and didn't feel pressured to save her pet. He cheerfully reassured her that the snail was underground by now, hiding from the heat. So, no worries, he says, she will probably see him in the fall when it gets cool again.

I am positive we will be dealing with this snail drama in two months again.  


In the spirit of simplicity, which is the latest fad in the mommy blogger world, I have distilled my homeschool curriculum plans down to this:

Step 1: Read books.
Step 2: Talk about them.
Step 3: Repeat
OOOHHHH NOOOOO! Now what do I write? Quick take...quick take....Ah!

I am going to go on a date with my husband today. It is always weird to say that because we don't think of ourselves as ever having dated. We met virtually, we met in reality, he courted me, we got engaged, we got married.

Now we date.



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 comment:

  1. You get an A for effort! Job well done...and I never knew that about how the giraffe can clean its nose. Huh! See, never to old to learn something new!

    ReplyDelete